Spam and computer viruses continue to be a huge problem for
computer users of all levels. We take a strong stand against
spam at Realm-Net Hosting. Not only is it annoying, but the bulk
of spam messages are offensive, unintelligible and a complete
waste of Internet bandwidth and space in my InBox. In the
opinion of many security experts, spam and computer viruses are
also linked in two ways:
- Some viruses spread by sending themselves to people on
your address book via email with spoofed mail-from
information in the email header.
- Some viruses sole purpose is to turn your PC into a spam
zombie that enables a spammer to magnify the broadcast of
their junk email and further obfuscate its origin.
For these reasons, remember these important tips:
- Use Anti-Virus software and keep it up to date!
- Do not open any email attachments from untrusted sources.
- Major companies, such as Microsoft never send out
updates via email. Never download or install any software
that claims to be an update from a software company.
- Never open email attachments that end in .pif, .scr, .bat,
or .exe. These are all files that can execute code on your
computer and introduce a virus.